CIAM Business Consulting
Our classes integrate the best aspects of classroom and online instruction, but at the center of each class is real world experience through consulting. Here are the basics about the consulting projects:
- The term of engagement is seven weeks.
- Student teams typically have 4-5 members.
- Guided by Professors and Professional Business Consultants
- Clients will be expected to be available for a total of 4-5 hours during the first five weeks of the project.
- The final presentation typically lasts about an hour.
- Clients receive a complete consulting report documenting the work done and the team’s conclusions and recommendations.
The Consulting Institute
The Consulting Institute
• Serve client needs to the highest level of excellence attainable, given our time and resource constraints.
• Provides our students with real-life, real-time applications of the materials taught in CIAM’s MBA courses.
• Develops student analytic, communication, and leadership skills.
The Consulting Institute monitors and guides our students while they are engaged in the consulting projects, ensuring the highest quality is provided for all parties involved. The Consulting Institute is lead by Dr. Richard Johnson, PhD. Dr. Johnson has been a consultant and contract executive for thirty years. During this time, he has consulted in several industries (including the public sector). Dr. Johnson specializes in change management, organizational development, project management, statistical process control, and
financial modeling, and has circumnavigated the globe six times in the process.
What Clients Say About CIAM Student Consulting Projects:
The below statements are extracts from Client Testimonials. CIAM students have done over 77 consulting reports for local and international businesses.
“The whole presentation very insightful. They did a very good assessment and provided some excellent recommendation. Some of the recommendations have actually worked. The whole consulting process was very helpful, it gave us an overall look on the business and how it was being conducted. It also gave us a better understanding on how little things, which can be tweaked can make a big difference over time.”
- Lee Reynolds, Senior Manager, Studio Tour
“I was impressed that they were able to accomplish so much research in such a short period of time. It was absolutely professional and I enjoyed it very much. I am a fan of consulting and I think this experience here proves that it is worthwhile. I have every intention of coming back here, to the school, in a few months to give the students an update on exactly what information they provided to the Red Cross and how we are using that information to make an impact.”
- Gene Coughlin, Regional Program Director
“The team at CIAM give an in-depth presentation on many different parts of the business. The most interesting part was the Human Resources, because it gave me a different perspective on how approach different tasks at hand with a different point of view. I was blown away by how the students were able to generate so much data in such little time. It was impressive on how they wrote a 100 page report in less than 6 weeks.”
- Joseph Illuminate, Associate Director, Finance & Business Services
"Seeding an entrepreneurial ecosystem is a significant endeavor that involves substantial risk and your consulting has provided us with concrete guidance and tangible tools to help us move forward. Moreover, CIAM’s insight and research validated the scope and feasibility of Proyecto FEMSA as a sustainable endeavor with potential enduring impact. I am happy to have had your team work with my team on this project in our efforts to promote greater social impact. I look forward to engaging in future collaborations with CIAM.”
- Dr. Francisco Suarez Hernandez, Sustainability Director
Consulting for Your Business
Have a Question about our consulting?
Please fill out the form below to receive more information about our pro bono consulting services.