Scholarships and Application Process
Please note that you must be ACCEPTED into CIAM to be eligible for a scholarship.
CiAM Merit and Achievement Scholarships are awarded to students based on academic merit, or professional, or extraprofessional achievements. These scholarships are funded through the generous support of Mr. and Mrs. Shao and are for tuition and fees only. Some scholarships are available regardless of financial need. Entering students apply for University scholarships via the Scholarship Application. When awarding scholarships, CiAM must follow all federal and state laws and regulations of aid programs. Our decisions are based on these rules, the information you provide, the number of applicants, and the total funds available.
*In the 2019-2020 school year (August 31, 2019 - August 30, 2020), CiAM will make $15,000 available for Institutional scholarships, and $120,000 available in Program scholarships to students who meet eligibility.
Available Scholarship Categories:
CiAM institutional scholarships are available to all students enrolled at CiAM in any degree, program, modality, or track. These scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, or professional, or extraprofessional achievements. Please note that you must be ACCEPTED into CiAM to be eligible for a scholarship.
Any new student is eligible to apply. Students must have applied and satisfied all of the following 3 criteria, the criteria outlined for each scholarship, and meet the published deadlines to qualify. Only one (1) scholarship per student will be awarded and it is non-renewable.
- Students must have been accepted into CiAM
- Must meet SAP and maintain a 3.0 CGPA throughout the program
- Be enrolled in at least one (1) course per term
Available Institutional Scholarships:
Academic Scholarship: Awarding $3,000 Towards Tuition - Students with an incoming undergraduate or graduate cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.8 – 4.0 as conferred by an accredited institution are eligible for this award (verified by transcripts).
Community Scholarship: Awarding $3,000 Towards Tuition - Students who have developed an extraordinary service project in the last 5 years or have demonstrated a commitment to volunteer service for the last 10 years that helped people and the planet. (verified by the student’s resume and community service/volunteer verification).
Entrepreneurship Scholarship: Awarding $3,000 Towards Tuition - Students who have started their own business and currently own an active business with customer activity within the last 6 months) are eligible for this award. This will be verified by the legal documentation that indicates evidence of ownership
International Scholarship: Awarding $3,000 Towards Tuition - For nonimmigrant students on Visas studying in the U.S. for the first time with an undergraduate or graduate cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 and above as conferred by an accredited institution are eligible for this award (verified by transcripts). This scholarship is for nonimmigrant students only.
CiAM Program Scholarships are scholarships that are only available to students enrolled in specific degrees, programs, concentrations, or other conditions illustrated in the scholarship description. Below is a list of program scholarships available to CiAM students.
AVAILABLE PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIPS:
First-Generation Student Graduate Scholarship: Awarding $12,000 Towards Tuition - Available to first-generation students (first in the immediate family to have completed an undergraduate degree). This scholarship is only applicable towards a degree at CiAM.
- Must enroll in the Accelerated MBA (Full-Time, Hybrid Program).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident and a California Resident.
- A Personal Statement demonstrating strong leadership, or merit is required
- Recipients are responsible for all other educational expenses.
- Awards are disbursed in 2 increments, before the recipient’s 1st course or the course after the scholarship is awarded, whichever is earlier and the 10th course. If a student receives the first payment and fails to maintain a GPA of 3.0 at CIAM, then they will forfeit the second payment (the 10th course payment).
- Must be a United States citizen, or Permanent Resident for the Community Scholarship.
- Award recipients who do not start in their intended term specified on the admissions application will have their award expired and will have to reapply for available offerings at the time of their actual enrollment.
- To retain scholarship eligibility, recipients must remain in good academic standing (3.0 CGPA).
- To qualify for a scholarship, students must maintain continuous enrollment on a term basis.
- Students can apply for as many scholarships as they are eligible, but will only be awarded a maximum of one (1) scholarship for the degree.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download Adobe Reader (if not already installed).
- Download and complete the Scholarship Application Form, here.
- Save and email the completed form to [email protected].
EXTERNAL SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCES
There are many other scholarship opportunities outside of CiAM as well. Below are a number of scholarship search engines that can be used to find a scholarship that will fit your needs.
- OnlineMBAReview.org - Multiple Scholarships Available
- KF&B Law Academic Scholarship ($1,000)
- Deadline: May 1st, 2020; Open to All Degrees, Bachelor's and Master's
- Essay Topic: “Who is your greatest role model”?
- Rusty Tweed Economics Scholarship ($1000)
- Deadline: March 1st, 2020; Open to All Degrees, Bachelor's and Master's
- Essay Topic: "Why does economics matter to you?"
- Julie Queler Foundation - Academic Scholarship ($1000)
- Deadline: August 1st, 2020; Open to All Degrees, Bachelor's and Master's
- Essay Topic: "In your chosen major, what are the barriers to accessing strong role models?"
International Student Scholarships
- Abroad Planet Scholarship Resources is an online community of international students studying in the United States.
- College Board is free online financial aid source for scholarships, grants, and loans for all college-bound students, including permanent residents and international students wishing to study in the United States.
- Education USA is an online database of scholarships and awards.
- eduPASS is The Smart Student Guide to Studying in the USA- provides excellent articles, charts and links about financing college.
- Funding for U.S. Study is a database of scholarships, fellowships and grants organized and maintained by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
- InternationalScholarships.com is an online financial aid resource for international students wishing to study in a foreign country.
- Mobility International USA is free online scholarship resource for non–U.S. citizens with disabilities.
- Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation administer a broad range of humanitarian and educational programs designed to improve the human condition, world understanding and peace. Learn more about Rotary's Ambassadorial Scholarships, Grants for University teachers and World Peace Scholarships for study at their Centers for International Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution.
- The Foundation Center is an online resource devoted to foundations that fund individuals. The site also features a section for international grant seekers!
- The International Education Financial Aid Website features a searchable list of grants, scholarships and loan programs for international students.
- The Open Society Foundation supports the development of an open society through funding specific educational opportunities around the world.