Admissions Requirements (INT)
International Admissions Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution in the U.S. (or overseas equivalent) with a 3.0 or higher GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Minimum one year of organizational work experience
- Successful completion of the CIAM Admissions Essay
- Acceptable English test score (TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic)*
- The English requirement can be met by having graduated from an English speaking University in the USA or abroad (pending approval from the admissions office).
|Test Name||Minimum Test Score||Send Score Directly to CIAM|
TOEFL PBT: 550
TOEFL iBT: 79
Revised TOEFL PdT: R-23, W-23, L-23
|Use CIAM School Code: B200|
|IELTS||6.0||IELTS Official Test Report Form|
Online through PTE Academic Account
Note: International Conditional Admission is offered to international students who are academically qualified and wish to study in the U.S., but cannot meet the English requirement for acceptance. Report writing skills and presentation skills are essential for student performance in the CIAM MBA program. Students with conditional admissions must first attend an intensive English Language program in the US at the American English College (AEC), a CIAM approved Language school in Los Angeles. Once the student has completed their English language program, or shown satisfactory English language scores, the students may then transfer to full-acceptance and begin CIAM’s MBA program. For more information on the conditional offer and the English program, please review the School Catalog (page 17) and contact the CIAM Office of Admissions at [email protected] or +1(626)350-1500. In order to receive a conditional acceptance letter from CIAM, students must submit ALL necessary documentation for application to CIAM.
Note 2: You are Eligible to Waive the English Language Exam if you attended an institution in a country where the native language is English for 2 years or more and earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from that institution. View Countries Exempt from taking an English Exam.
Note 3: As of July 2017, the TOEFL PBT test was discontinued and replaced by the revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test. Though the TOEFL® PBT test is no longer offered, test scores remain valid for up to 2 years after your test date. The revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test will use the TOEFL iBT section score scale of 0-30. Because there will be no Total score, your evaluation of the applicant’s English proficiency as indicated on the TOEFL test will be based on the 3 section scores (Reading, Listening and Writing).
2018-2019 Application Periods:
CiAM has rolling admissions and flexible application periods, so you can start your application anytime! If you are interested in applying to CiAM, please see the terms available for 2018-2019 listed below. If you have any questions, please drop us a line at [email protected] anytime, we are always happy to help!
2-Year MBA Program:
Only Available Full-time, Hybrid (on-Campus)
- Winter 2019
- Student Orientation: Dec 14th, 2018
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Jan 5th, 2018
- Summer 2019
- Student Orientation: Mar 29th, 2019
- Term Start (First Day of Class): May 4th, 2019
1-Year Accelerated MBA:
Available full-time or Part-time, Hybrid or 100% online
- Fall (II) 2018
- Student Orientation: Oct 19th, 2018
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Oct 27th, 2018
- Winter (I) 2019
- Student Orientation: Jan 4th, 2019
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Jan 5th, 2019
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY - international
Applying to CiAM is easy! There are only five simple steps, listed below:
- Step 1: Connect with our Admissions Counselors
- Step 2: Start Your Application Online
- CLICK HERE TO BEGIN! Please have a working email address ready to save your progress.
- Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- Your dedicated admissions counselor will provide guidance on what documents you will need for your application.
- Step 5: Schedule an Admissions Interview and completed the Admissions Essay
- Instructions for the admissions interview and essay will be provided after you submit your completed application.
- Step 5: Prepare to Start Your Classes!
- Our Student Success department will work with you on selecting the right courses and help prepare you for success here at CiAM!
Downloadable Application Instructions:
- Application Checklist
- Interested in studying English along with your MBA in the United States? Check out the CiAM+AEC English Pathway Program
English Exam Exemption
Countries Exempt from English Exam
You are Eligible to Waive the English Language Exam if you attended an institution in a country where the native language is English for 1 year or more and earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from that institution.
Below is a list of countries CIAM accepts for the English Exam Waiver:
United States US
American Samoa AS
Antigua, Barbuda AG
British Indian Ocean Territories IO
Cayman Islands KY
Christmas Island CX
Cook Islands CK
Falkland Islands/Malvinas FK
Marshall Islands MH
Micronesia, Federated States FM
Nevis, Saint Kitts KN
New Zealand NZ
Norfolk Island NF
Northern Mariana Islands MP
Puerto Rico PR
Saint Helena SH
Saint Lucia LC
Saint Vincent, Grenadines VC
Sierra Leone SL
Solomon Islands SB
South Africa ZA
Trinidad, Tobago TT
Turks, Caicos Islands TC
United Kingdom GB
US Minor Outlying Islands IM
Virgin Islands, British VG
Virgin Islands, US VI
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions asked by international students. If your questions are not found here, please visit the General FAQs page, or contact the admissions office at (626) 350-1500 ext 106 or email at [email protected].
Do I need to take the GRE/GMAT?
No. CIAM does not require GRE or GMAT scores because we do not believe standardized tests accurately represent a person's capabilities. Instead, we have our own assessment writing test. The test will be scheduled for 1 hour and can be completed in person or online. The admissions office will contact you after you submit your application to schedule a time for the test.
Does CIAM offer housing?
CIAM unfortunately does not offering housing on campus at this time. International students typically find their own living arrangements near campus.
How much is rent in California?
The rent is widely varied depending on which city you live in. El Monte alone has over 116,000 people living in it. According to the US Census 2015, the average rental rate was $1,085 monthly from 2011-2015.