Admissions Requirements (INT)
CiAM is committed to creating a fair experience for all applicants. We value a diverse community, and therefore our admissions policies are designed to attract students with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Candidates for admission are evaluated holistically based on their merits and potential to succeed at CiAM. For admissions decisions, we use information from academic performance, work experience, leadership positions, extracurricular interests, unique talents, and the personal interview. We consider the applicant as a whole individual, not select parts such as GPA or GRE/GMAT test scores. Efforts are made to match the candidate’s expectation with that of the CiAM MBA program design.
The review process cannot begin until a student’s application file is complete.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and at least one year of professional experience is required.
International Admissions Requirements
- Proof of completion of the equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized/accredited institution overseas.
- Original or certified copies of all official academic transcripts in the original language from the issuing institution with official translations (two copies).
- A document-by-document credential evaluation (report) on the submitted transcripts from an evaluation service in the U.S. that includes a GPA calculation (Please view CiAM’s Foreign Transcript Policy here).
- Passing score on an English Language Test (TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP or PTE Academic) *Your English score cannot be older than 2 years at the time that you submit it to CiAM.
|Test Name||Minimum Test Score||Send Score Directly to CIAM|
TOEFL PBT: 550
TOEFL iBT: 79
Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test:
|Official score sent directly from Test Center school code: B200|
|IELTS||6.5||IELTS Official Test Report Form|
Online through PTE Academic Account
|iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency)||3.8||
Official score sent directly from Test Center
Note: International Conditional Admission is offered to international students who are academically qualified and wish to study in the U.S., but cannot meet the English requirement for acceptance. Report writing skills and presentation skills are essential for student performance in the CiAM MBA program. Students with conditional admissions must first attend an intensive English Language program in the US at the American English College (AEC), a CiAM approved Language school in Los Angeles. Once the student has completed their English language program, or shown satisfactory English language scores, the students may then transfer to full-acceptance and begin CiAM’s MBA program. For more information on the conditional offer and the English program, please review the School Catalog (page 17) and contact the CiAM Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1(626)350-1500. In order to receive a conditional acceptance letter from CiAM, students must submit ALL necessary documentation for application to CiAM.
Note 2: You are Eligible to Waive the English Language Exam if you attended an institution in a country where the native language is English for 2 years or more and earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from that institution. View Countries Exempt from taking an English Exam.
Note 3: As of July 2017, the TOEFL PBT test was discontinued and replaced by the revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test. Though the TOEFL® PBT test is no longer offered, test scores remain valid for up to 2 years after your test date. The revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test will use the TOEFL iBT section score scale of 0-30. Because there will be no Total score, your evaluation of the applicant’s English proficiency as indicated on the TOEFL test will be based on the 3 section scores (Reading, Listening and Writing).
How Your Application is Considered
In our admissions process, we give careful, individual attention to each applicant. We seek to identify students who show perseverance and growth and those who will enrich one another, their professors, and the culture at CiAM. We seek individuals who will inspire those around them during their CiAM years and beyond.
Selection is based on a holistic review, both academic and personal information, that is presented in the application. Holistic review refers to the process of evaluating applications where no one piece of information is weighted more heavily over another, but emphasis is placed on academic preparedness, perseverance and potential contribution to the campus and beyond. This is why it is so important to address each section of the application thoughtfully and thoroughly.
The goal of our selection process is to identify applicants who are most likely to contribute to the intellectual, cultural, and entrepreneurial community, and the world at large.
The following areas are considered in the review of the personal statement and the application:
Growth and potential
- Professional and personal accomplishments
- Initiative, motivation and inspiration
- Goals and interests
- Expected goals and contributions for the next 5,10 or 25 years
- Self-development goals
- Intentions for a graduate education
Interests and activities
- Intellectual, professional and personal passions and interests
- Learned experiences from successes and failures
- Commitment to leadership
Character and personality
- Choices in life and their reasons
- Openness to new ideas and people
- Appearance and poise
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Grace under pressure
- Aspiration to contribute to CiAM community
- Online Application Form (CLICK HERE)
- Current Resume
- Copy of Driver’s License or Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Transcripts or Official Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Admissions Interview
Application Periods: 2020-2021
CiAM has rolling admissions and flexible application periods, so you can start your application anytime! If you are interested in applying to CiAM, please see the terms available for 2020-2021 listed below. If you have any questions, please drop us a line at email@example.com anytime, we are always happy to help!
2-Year MBA Program:
Only Available Full-time, Hybrid (on-Campus)
- Fall 2020
- Student Orientation: Aug 21st, 2020
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Sept 5th, 2020
- Spring 2021
- Student Orientation: Dec 18th, 2020
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Jan 9th, 2021
- Summer 2021
- Student Orientation: Apr 23rd, 2021
- Term Start (First Day of Class): May 8th, 2021
Only Available 100% online, Full-time
- Term A - 2021
- Student Orientation: Jan 6th, 2021
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Jan 9th, 2021
- Term B - 2021
- Student Orientation: N/A
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Apr 3rd, 2021
- Term C - 2021
- Student Orientation: Jun 25th, 2021
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Jun 26th, 2021
- Term D - 2021
- Student Orientation: N/A
- Term Start (First Day of Class): Sep 18th, 2021
*100% Online not available to International Students, please contact us for full details.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY - international
Applying to CiAM is easy! There are only five simple steps, listed below:
- Step 1: Connect with our Admissions Counselors
- Step 2: Start Your Application Online
- CLICK HERE TO BEGIN! Please have a working email address ready to save your progress.
- Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- Your dedicated admissions counselor will provide guidance on what documents you will need for your application.
- Step 5: Schedule an Admissions Interview
- Instructions for the admissions interview will be provided after you submit your completed application.
- Step 6: Prepare to Start Your Classes!
- Our Student Success department will work with you on selecting the right courses and help prepare you for success here at CiAM!
Downloadable Application Instructions:
- Application Checklist
- Interested in studying English along with your MBA in the United States? Check out the CiAM+AEC English Pathway Program
English Exam Exemption
Countries Exempt from English Exam
You are Eligible to Waive the English Language Exam if you attended an institution in a country where the native language is English for 1 year or more and earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from that institution.
Below is a list of countries CIAM accepts for the English Exam Waiver:
- American Samoa
- Canada (except Quebec)
- Grand Cayman
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico PR
- United Kingdom
- U.S. Pacific Trust
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions asked by international students. If your questions are not found here, please visit the General FAQs page, or contact the admissions office at (626) 350-1500 ext 106 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to take the GRE/GMAT?
No. CIAM does not require GRE or GMAT scores because we do not believe standardized tests accurately represent a person's capabilities.
Does CIAM offer housing?
CIAM unfortunately does not offering housing on campus at this time. International students typically find their own living arrangements near campus.
How much is rent in California?
The rent is widely varied depending on which city you live in. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Alhambra is estimated to have a population of 83,119 and a median gross rent of $1,436 as of April 1st, 2020 (Source: Census.gov).