Project Management Concentration Overview
MBA IN EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT, CONCENTRATION IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Earn a business degree grounded in collaboration, analysis, and creative problem solving with a global perspective. The concentration in Project Management provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to manage projects in support of organizational strategy and objectives. The concentration immerses students in the details of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing projects in a complex business environment.
Guide Meaningful Transformation In Any Business
Modern businesses of every size require leaders that can guide and manage large to small scale projects that drive the company forward. Our MBA in Project Management gives you a strong command over business and project management, helping position yourself for a career change with the skills to enhance your potential.
- Master the practical tools to guide and direct projects in various functional areas like marketing, finance, accounting, healthcare and more.
Why Project Management?
Jobs for Project Management are projected to grow by 6% by 2024, with a median wage of $100,000. Become an expert in project analysis and management. Develop skillsets for long-term success.
HOW THIS PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT
- 6-8 Live Consulting Projects
- 420+ Experiential Learning Hours
- 0 Exams or Tests, Courses are Project & Assignment Based
- No GMAT or GRE Required, Start Today!
- Affordable Tuition, with Textbooks Included at No Cost
- Real Business Projects, Learn Through Hands-on Experience
- Graduate in a little as 12 Months
- Flexible Format, Classes Available 100% Online or On-Ground
- Small Classes of a Maximum of 20 Students
DEVELOP YOUR PROFESSIONAL EDGE
As businesses engage in increasingly more complex projects, you want the skills to thrive. An MBA in Project Management will put you among the most desirable candidates on the market.
It's Never Too Late To Master The Language Of Business. Apply Today!
If you're eager to expedite your professional goals, CiAM's MBA in Project Management will teach you the invaluable skills needed to succeed in today's complex business world.
Degree Program Requirements
Degree Program Requirements
A master's degree in business administration with a concentration in project management requires 36 total credit hours. This includes 9 credit hours of vocationally-focused concentration classes. This full-time program offers courses two at a time, offered in 16-week or 8-week (accelerated) formats.
CONCENTRATION COURSES: 9 CREDITS
- PM501: Project Management Fundamentals - Learn about the role of the project manager and the four project life cycle phases. Credits:3.0
- PM502: Project Management in Practice - Explore the key concepts and emerging trends associated with each of the ten project management knowledge areas. Credits:3.0
- PM503: Organizational Project Management - Learn how to adapt and align project, program, and portfolio management practices with organizational strategy. Credits:3.0
COURE COURSES: 37 CREDITS
In addition to the three concentration courses, there are nine 3.0 credit MBA core courses covering the following subjects:
- ACC501: Accounting for Decision Making
- BUS501: Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
- DRU505: Leadership and Ethics
- FIN501: Corporate Finance
- IS501: Management of Information Systems
- MGT501: Management and Organizational Behavior
- MKT501: Marketing Management
- OPS501: Operations Management
- MGT511: Strategic Management
Total Credits for MBA in Project Management: 36.0
CiAM is committed to creating a fair experience for all applicants. We value a diverse community, and therefore our admissions policies are designed to attract students with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Candidates for admission are evaluated holistically based on their merits and potential to succeed at CiAM. For admissions decisions, we use information from academic performance, work experience, leadership positions, extracurricular interests, unique talents, and the personal interview. We consider the applicant as a whole individual, not select parts such as GPA or GRE/GMAT test scores. Efforts are made to match the candidate’s expectation with that of the CiAM MBA program design.
The review process cannot begin until a student’s application file is complete.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and at least one year of professional experience is required.
How Your Application is Considered
In our admissions process, we give careful, individual attention to each applicant. We seek to identify students who show perseverance and growth and those who will enrich one another, their professors, and the culture at CiAM. We seek individuals who will inspire those around them during their CiAM years and beyond.
Selection is based on a holistic review, both academic and personal information, that is presented in the application. Holistic review refers to the process of evaluating applications where no one piece of information is weighted more heavily over another, but emphasis is placed on academic preparedness, perseverance and potential contribution to the campus and beyond. This is why it is so important to address each section of the application thoughtfully and thoroughly.
The goal of our selection process is to identify applicants who are most likely to contribute to the intellectual, cultural, and entrepreneurial community, and the world at large.
The following areas are considered in the review of the personal statement and the application:
Growth and potential
- Professional and personal accomplishments
- Initiative, motivation and inspiration
- Goals and interests
- Expected goals and contributions for the next 5,10 or 25 years
- Self-development goals
- Intentions for a graduate education
Interests and activities
- Intellectual, professional and personal passions and interests
- Learned experiences from successes and failures
- Commitment to leadership
Character and personality
- Choices in life and their reasons
- Openness to new ideas and people
- Appearance and poise
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Grace under pressure
- Aspiration to contribute to CiAM community
Speak with an Admissions Representative
We are here to help. Schedule a free consultation to answer your questions today: