Campus Update: July 2020
Office of the President
July 13th, 2020
Dear CiAM Community,
I hope you are well.
With our priority being the health and safety of the entire community while delivering an excellent education to all, we have created a plan for the Fall term:
Fall 2020 Plan:
- We will have some students back in the Fall, but not all students. Per federal policy, the group that will be on-campus will be students on F-1 visas.
- All other students (non F-1 visa students) will complete their courses 100% online. These students will attend their hybrid class sessions via Zoom, as we have done for the Summer 2020 term.
- F-1 visa students will attend their hybrid class sessions in-person in a limited capacity. On-ground class time has been reduced with additional online class time added. The special schedule will be sent by the Student Success Office by the end of this week.
- As long as we are allowed to, there will be no in-person on-campus sessions after mid-November. The remaining class sessions will be held online.
- CiAM Offices will physically reopen in limited capacity in August; however, virtual visits are still strongly encouraged should you need to meet with student support staff. In the event of an emergency, an appointment is needed and those that must visit campus will be required to follow the safety protocols.
- Fall term is of normal length and will start and end at previously published dates.
- As an acknowledgment of the challenging economic times, there will be no increases in fees or tuition for the Fall term.
- With still a great deal of uncertainty and possible regulatory changes, we will continue to keep up to date with the current situation and will remain flexible to changing circumstances.
I can speak on behalf of the entire CiAM team when I say that we have been looking forward to the day where we can see you on campus again. Although we would very much like to see everyone for the Fall term, we must limit the capacity on campus while the pandemic is still so fluid.
- The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Student Success, Admissions, Enrollment/DSO and Career Services staff will continue to engage via virtual activities throughout the Fall term.
Health and Safety Protocols
Our team has been working hard to ensure that proper planning and protocols are in place to welcome you back. While on campus, social distancing, face coverings, self-monitoring, temperature checks and safe hygiene practices are required to protect the health and safety of the campus community.
Classrooms and common areas have been reconfigured to allow for proper physical distancing and are cleaned after each class. Sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the campus. Elevators, and restrooms have posted limited occupancy. There will be designated Exits, Entrances and hallways and proper signage will be plentiful. A “Return to Campus” document will be emailed and posted before the start of the Fall term.
We will follow county, state and federal guidelines. It is also important that we continue to understand the pandemic and how well we are addressing health and safety concerns. We will take what we learn from the Fall term to make decisions about the Spring term. We will announce these plans before the end of 2020.
Thank you for your patience as we work out these challenging times together. Please take care and be safe.
- For Students: [email protected] or [email protected]
- For Faculty: [email protected]
- For Staff: [email protected]