Campus Update: July 15th, 2020
Office of the President
July 15th, 2020
Dear CiAM Community,
We are ecstatic to hear that ICE has rescinded their July directive and will revert back to the guidance issued in March that allows international students to remain in the U.S. while taking online-only courses during the pandemic. With our Fall registration opening soon, we felt obligated to announce our Fall plan earlier this week. We did not expect a decision to come so soon and we are joyful for this victory!
This means there are revisions to our previously stated Fall 2020 Plan. The revised plan is as follows:
Fall 2020 Plan:
- All students (irrespective of visa status) will complete their courses 100% online. All students will attend their hybrid class sessions via Zoom, as we have done for the Summer 2020 term. The Schedule of Classes will be sent by the Registrar’s Office and will be posted on our website.
- CiAM staff will continue to telecommute for the time being, an office reopen date will be decided at a later time. Should you need student support, please do not hesitate to make virtual appointments with the respective departments.
- Fall term is of normal length and will start and end at previously published dates.
- As an acknowledgment of the challenging economic times, there will be no increases in fees or tuition for the Fall term.
- With still a great deal of uncertainty and possible regulatory changes, we will continue to keep up to date with the current situation and will remain flexible to changing circumstances.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Student Success, Admissions, Enrollment/DSO, Title IX and Career Services staff will continue to engage via virtual activities throughout the Fall term.
We will follow county, state and federal guidelines in determining the opening of the campus and teaching modality for Spring 2021. It is also important that we continue to understand the pandemic and how well we are addressing health and safety concerns. We will take what we learn from the Fall term to make decisions about the Spring term. We will announce these plans before the end of 2020.
Thank you for your patience once again as we work out these challenging times together. Please take care and be safe.